Welcome to the website of Simply Ethical Financial Services Ltd. By accessing the website (and any related or linked websites), you agree to and acknowledge the following terms and conditions of use of the website. Please ensure that you understand and agree to these terms before you use Simply Ethical website or websites.
This website is issued by Simply Ethical Financial Services Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, No 511220.
These conditions stipulated supersedes in full all and any previous version. We may update this at any time for legal or other purposes. Our website is intended for use by UK residents over the age of 18. These terms apply to your use of our website. If you are not over 18 or not living in the United Kingdom you will not be able to use this website and you should not attempt to make an application, although subject to your acceptance of these terms you should feel free to browse. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms set out below you should not use this website.
Nothing in the website should be construed as advice.
- Simply Ethical is the trading name for Simply Ethical Financial Services Ltd.
- For the purposes of section 21 Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 the whole website has been approved by Simply Ethical.
- Simply Ethical Financial Services Ltd registered office is at The Station Masters’ House, 168 Thornbury Road, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 4QE.
- Simply Ethical Financial Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to advise on and arrange investments and non-investment insurance contracts; advise on pension transfers and pension opt outs; arrange safeguarding and administration of assets; deal in investments as agent and managing investments.
- This website must not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to conduct designated investment business, as defined by the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, in any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom.
- This material is not directed at you if Simply Ethical is prohibited or restricted by any legislation or regulation in any jurisdiction from making it available to you.
- Simply Ethical accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any failure by a person resident outside the United Kingdom to observe the foregoing.
- In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Simply Ethical reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its group company domains. Monitoring includes checks for, but not limited to, viruses and other malignant codes, criminal activity and inappropriate, offensive or otherwise unacceptable use or content.
- Simply Ethical reserves the right to cooperate fully with any investigation by national and international police, regulatory authorities and other officials, and reserves the right to disclose any personal data (including personal or private electronic communication transmitted on this website) to such officials to the extent requested by them in connection with any such investigation, or as otherwise required by law or regulation.
- Current tax levels and reliefs may change and the value of any relief depends on individual circumstances.
- Any research or commentary material on the website has been prepared for informational purposes only.
- You understand and accept that while you may be able to access certain research information and reports through Simply Ethical website, the availability of such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy, sell or otherwise trade all or any of the securities mentioned in the websites.
- Neither Simply Ethical nor any of its directors, officers, employees or agents shall have any liability, howsoever arising, for any error or incompleteness of fact or opinion in it or lack of care in its preparation or publication, provided that this shall not exclude liability to the extent that this is not permissible under the law relating to the provision of financial services.
- All statements and opinions are made as of the date on the face of the relevant research material and are not held out as applicable thereafter.
- You agree not to hold Simply Ethical and / or any of its respective directors, officers, employees or agents liable for any investment decisions made by you arising from the use of this website or its content.
- Prices and other share or investment information provided within this website are supplied on a delayed basis and are not guaranteed, warranted or certified in any way.
About this site
- Simply Ethical provides this website for your information only and without warranties or other assurances of any kind. Simply Ethical reserves the right to withdraw or amend the website without notice. Other than disclosures relating to Simply Ethical, the information on this website is based on current information that Simply Ethical considers reliable and appropriate.
- Simply Ethical tries to correct any errors or omissions within its control as soon as it becomes aware of them, but it does not guarantee that the website will be accurate, error free or uninterrupted and the website should not be relied on as such.
- Simply Ethical will not be liable for the consequences of any event beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to the electronic transmission of data, content, material. Electronic versions of documents and spreadsheets, and information over the internet and the interception or decryption of it by others, or for any damages or consequences whatsoever resulting there from.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Simply Ethical nor any other party involved in creating, producing or communicating the website shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether reasonably foreseeable or not, resulting from the use of or inability to use it, including but not limited to interruptions, deletion of files, data or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from force majeure, communications failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorised access to Simply Ethical’s records, programs, software, systems or services.
- Nothing in these terms shall operate so as to exclude, limit or restrict Simply Ethical’s liability for death or personal injury, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for damage suffered as a result of any breach of the conditions as to title and quiet enjoyment implied by English law, liability under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or for any other liability the exclusion or limitation of which is not permitted by English law. These disclaimers do not affect the statutory rights of consumers.
- If you have access to the restricted or client login area of the website you are responsible for maintaining the security of the login details issued in confidence to you. Such information must never be shared with anyone, and after accessing your account you must log off promptly. This ensures that no third party may be able to access your account if you leave your computer and your session has not yet been timed out. You will be exclusively responsible for any instructions placed or purported to be placed under those details and Simply Ethical shall be entitled to treat all such instructions as authentic, until such time as Simply Ethical receives original written confirmation that your login details may have been acquired by a third party.
Content, use & reproduction
- You acknowledge that this website contains information, data, software, photographs, graphs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds, and other material (collectively “Content”) which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights proprietary to Simply Ethical and/or its licensors.
- No part of the content may without the prior written permission of Simply Ethical be permanently stored, reproduced or copied in any form or by means other than for the user’s legitimate, legal and reasonable purposes, provided that the user does not modify the paper or electronic copy and maintains all of the Simply Ethical notices, including but not limited to all legal notices and disclaimers, copyright notices, trade mark legends, or other proprietary rights.
- Downloading is permitted by us provided only that it is to a single personal computer and: (a) you make no more than one printed copy of such download and no further copies of such printed copy are made. (b) you make only personal, non-commercial, use of such download and/or printed copy; and (c) you retain on such download and/or printed copy all copyright notices and remain bound by the terms of such wording and notices.
- Distribution, reselling or reproduction of the content is strictly prohibited. You may not modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part.
- Our failure, if any, to prevent or object to any unauthorised distribution, reselling or reproduction of the content does not in any way imply or infer consent and does not negate the clause above.
- You agree to email us at email@example.com as soon as you become aware of any unauthorised use of this Website by anybody, or of any claim that this Website or any of the Contents infringe any copyright or other rights of any other party.
- By accessing other websites through links provided by Simply Ethical (be it a hypertext link or other referral device), you agree to the following terms and conditions: 1) Should you leave this website via a link contained herein, and view content on any website that is not provided by Simply Ethical, you do so at your own risk. Simply Ethical has no control over the content of any external website and is not responsible for it or any damages or losses that may arise from your use of it. 2) The material available on external websites may have been produced by independent providers that are not affiliated with Simply Ethical and nor may they be regulated by the FCA or any other body. Any opinions or recommendations expressed on external sites are solely those of the independent providers and are not the opinions or recommendations of Simply Ethical. 3) You understand and accept that while some of the linked websites may provide information and news stories about investments, the availability of such information does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell or otherwise trade all or any of the securities discussed therein. 4) You understand that you are responsible for your own investment decisions and you should seek your own professional advice as to the suitability of any investment mentioned in such information. 5) The link by Simply Ethical to any site provided by a third party does not constitute a recommendation by Simply Ethical of any service, advice, product or attribute of any kind of that third party.
- You may not link to this website without the prior written consent of Simply Ethical, nor must the website be framed or published on any other site. Simply Ethical reserves the right to withdraw any linking permission without notice.
Third party providers of information
- All information provided by third parties such as, but not limited to, FE on the website is owned by or licensed to those companies and any user is limited to storing, filing in format print and displaying the information for such user’s personal use. In no event shall any user publish, retransmit or redistribute or otherwise reproduce any information in any format to anyone else for interruption, inaccuracy, error or omission, regardless of cause. Simply Ethical shall not be responsible for any errors in the information or for any loss or damage, whether or not it was reasonably foreseeable, resulting there from. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Simply Ethical for any cost, charges and damages resulting from breach of this clause.
- Some of the news services on the website may have been produced by independent providers that are not affiliated with Simply Ethical. Any opinions or recommendations expressed are solely those of the independent providers and not the opinions or recommendations of Simply Ethical. Information provided by independent providers is believed to be reliable. However, Simply Ethical does not guarantee the timeliness, sequence, accuracy, or completeness of such information.
- You agree to comply with any restrictions or conditions imposed upon the use, access or storage of the data as may be notified to you by Simply Ethical and you agree not to distribute or disseminate in any form or by any means (including but not limited to via the Internet or via any other electronic means) all or any of the data provided by Simply Ethical under licence from third parties. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Simply Ethical for any costs, charges and damages resulting from a breach of this clause.
- By registering your details on the site, you consent to Simply Ethical maintaining, recording, holding and using your personal data in relation to the provision and use of this site. In so doing, Simply Ethical shall at all times comply with the requirements of current data protection legislation.
- If you receive marketing, research or other regular information from Simply Ethical and wish to unsubscribe please select the relevant link on the email communication. Alternatively, please use our contact us to let us know.
Governing law and interpretation
- These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. If any provision shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Throughout this website the singular shall be construed so as to include the plural and vice versa. No particular meaning shall be construed from the presence or absence of punctuation.
Revised and updated on 17th May 2017